To address the ever-increasing demand for housing, the West Bengal Housing Board has been actively working over the years towards providing affordable homes to the different sections of people in the state. The primary focus of the state government, through various housing schemes of the WB Housing Board, has been to provide a secure home to poor people at affordable prices.
About West Bengal Housing Board
Formed under the West Bengal Act XXXII, 1972, by the West Bengal government, the West Bengal Housing Board started functioning in May 1973. It comes under the administrative control of the Housing Department and it is responsible for planning and executing various housing schemes.
The West Bengal government formed joint sector companies with the West Bengal Housing Board and private entrepreneurs, to fulfill the need for more housing units. It has paved the way for the creation of joint sector companies in other states. The Housing Board has nine joint sector companies and 10 assisted sector companies.
WB Housing Board schemes
Catering to the economically weaker section, the West Bengal government has come up with several housing schemes. The Housing Board provides housing options in the following categories:
- EWS (economically weaker section).
- LIG (lower income group).
- MIG (middle income group).
- HIG (higher income group).
See also: Everything about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
- The applicants must be permanent residents of West Bengal.
- The applicants’ families should belong to the BPL category and meet the specified annual income criteria.
- The applicant should provide all the requisite documents, to avail of the scheme.
Documents required for WB Housing Board scheme
The applicant must submit the mandatory documents to apply for the scheme, which include:
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Current address proof
- Identity card (if employed).
The applicant is also required to furnish their mobile number and email address. If one owns a land and plans to construct a house on it, all the documents related to the land ownership need to be submitted.
See also: All you need to know about West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation
How to apply for West Bengal Housing Board scheme
Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal Housing Department (click here).
Step 2: Click on Housing > For General Public > Format of Application Form.
Step 3: Click on the online application form.
Step 4: Print the West Bengal Housing Board application form and fill in the details, such as name, address details, occupation, income details, total family members, type of flat wanted, etc. One should also specify if any family member is in possession of a government flat and mention the details.
Step 5: Submit the form, along with the mandatory documents, to the department concerned.
The houses constructed by the Board are allotted to the beneficiaries through a lottery system. Applicants selected in the West Bengal Housing Board lottery draw will be informed on their registered mobile number and email address.
Also read all about West Bengal’s Banglarbhumi portal for land records
West Bengal Housing Board new projects 2021
Here is a list of West Bengal Housing Board upcoming projects:
- Sunray: It is a housing project in New Town, Rajarhat and comprises 630 HIG flats.
- Purabhna (Purbasha PH-II): It is a housing project coming up at Maniktala in Kolkata, with a total of 28 HIG flats and eight MIG flats.
- Krishnanagar: This residential project is at Krishnanagar, Nadia, with a total of 80 MIG flats.
- Amulyakanan (Ph-III): This housing project is located at Serampore, having 16 HIG flats.
- Matkal-Nimta (Ph-IIA): The project is located on Belgharia Expressway at Durganagar, having 23 HIG flats.
- Himalaya Kanya (PH-IV): The project is being developed on the Eastern Bypass at Siliguri, with 23 HIG flats.
West Bengal Housing Board contact number
E-mail your query to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact on the following telephone numbers: 2265-1965, 2264-1967 / 3966 / 8968 / 0950 / 4974
What is the official portal of the West Bengal Housing Board?
The official portal of the West Bengal Housing Board is www.wbhousingboard.in.
Where can I find the latest West Bengal Housing Board advertisement?
You can track advertisements for WB Housing Board schemes on https://wbhousingboard.in/home/advertisement.