To provide affordable accommodation to people employed in service of the government of India or the NCT Delhi, the Directorate of Estates and Central Public Works Department (CPWD) maintains General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) in Delhi and various parts of the country. Officers specifically based in Delhi can apply for government quarters through the new online portal, launched on December 25, 2020, E-Sampada. The new portal will replace E-Awas, the platform that was used earlier. Here are the guidelines and the procedure to apply for government residential accommodation in Delhi.
How to get login ID for your GPRA Application using E-Sampada
Step 1: Visit the e-Sampada portal and click on ‘Government Residential Accommodation’.
Step 2: Login using your credentials such as email-ID and mobile number.
You can directly email the directorate on firstname.lastname@example.org, to request for login credentials.
See also: E-Awas Chandigarh: All you need to know
How to apply for a government quarter in Delhi through E-Sampada?
Step 1: Visit the E-Sampada portal (click here) and login using your ID and password generated through e-Sampada.
Step 2: You will see the following options in the top menu:
- Applications: To fill up the allotment forms.
- Applicant card: To view your details, such as waiting position, allotment, etc.
- Waiting list: To view the entire waiting list of the type(s) for which you are waitlisted.
- Vacancies: To view the vacancies of the type(s) for which you are waitlisted.
- Allotment preference: To provide your preferences for specific houses presently vacant.
- Download forms: To download the Acceptance Form.
- Help: To check the office memorandum issued by the Directorate of Estates for Automated System of Allotment.
Step 3: Click the ‘Application’ option from the menu and submit the ‘DE-II form’, as required. This should be forwarded through your office, as well which will be verified by the directorate. After verification, you will have to submit your allocation preference as mentioned in Step 4.
Step 4: After submitting the application, click on ‘Allotment Preference’. Select the house type and pool. You will be shown four conditions, read them carefully and click on whichever is suitable for you. These conditions include:
- I may be allotted one of the vacant houses in order of preferences being exercised by me now.
- I would like to be allotted any houses as per my area/locality preferences already registered.
- I would accept any house available for allotment.
- I do not want to be considered for allotment of a house during this month.
If you choose the first option, you will be redirected to a new screen, where you will be able to see the vacancies available for the type and pool selected by you. Select as per your choice and click on submit button. Once you submit your choices, your screen will show all the vacancies selected by you with your wait listing number. Now, you need to order your preferences for allotment against these options. Click on ‘Accept’, to save your order of preferences. Once you save all these choices, take a printout of the screen.
See also: How to register property online in Delhi
Application schedule for GPRA registration
Applicants should keep in mind that they should submit their applications according to furnished timelines, to be considered in the following month. With effect from March 1, 2021, the bidding cycle will commence from the 1st to 9th of every month:
1. Lower Types in Delhi (Type I to IV);
2. Higher Types in Delhi (Type IV(S) and above); and
3. Regions (All Types)
Therefore, all applicants will have to update their profile and get it approved by their respective admin officers, by the last day of the previous month.
How to search registration number to apply for government quarters in Delhi?
Follow this procedure step-by-step to search for your registration number:
Step 1: Visit Delhi E-Awas Registration Number Search portal (click here).
Step 2: Submit required information or any of the two details such as: name, date of joining, date of birth, date of retirement, designation, office ID or AAN.
Step 3: Your details along with your registration number will be visible on screen.
Process involved in allotment of government accommodation
- Application for allotment of ‘Government Residential Accommodation’ using E-Sampada.
- Acceptance of allotment by the authorities.
- Technical occupation of the accommodation.
- Physical occupation of the accommodation.
- Generation and submission of rent bill.
- Retention of the accommodation.
- Regularisation of the accommodation.
- Vacation of accommodation.
- Application and issuance of ‘No Demand Certificate’.
Government quarters in Delhi: Latest updates
Very soon, the entry-level and lower-rank central government employees will be able to apply for bigger and spacious homes, which are equipped with modern facilities, including European-style washrooms, large living rooms, modular kitchens and quality flooring. At present, the accommodations for lower-rank employees are very congested one-room or two-room quarters with limited facilities. The new quarters are being constructed under the Central Public Works Department’s (CPWD’s) redevelopment plan for residential colonies.
As per the plan, the Type I quarters will be discontinued while Type II quarters will now have a carpet area of 70 sq metres, instead of 45 sq metres. These new quarters will come up in residential colonies at Mohammadpur, Thyagraj Nagar, Sriniwaspuri and Kasturba Nagar. A total of 9,990 flats will be constructed in these colonies, where work is expected to be completed by March-April 2022.
Eligibility to apply for government quarters in Delhi
The eligibility criteria for state and central government officers located within Delhi for the purpose of GPRA are:
- Applicant’s location in Delhi should be approved by the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation (CCA).
- Applicant should be employed with the secretariat of a ministry or with the subordinate office of a ministry / department of the government of India.
- Applicant should draw his salary from the Consolidated Fund of India.
- Applicant should not have any separate pool of accommodation for their department.
- The applicant’s office should be situated within the boundary of the government of NCT of Delhi.
- All applications forwarded by the office should cover the points mentioned above and should be forwarded to the directorate, with the approval of the joint secretary of the ministry.
Check out properties for sale in Delhi
E-Awas Delhi contact details
Applicants can write a mail to email@example.com for any registration, application and bidding-related query. Other than this, applicants can also drop in their queries to eawas-estates@
E-Sampada Delhi contact details
Following are the details of E-Sampada headquarters in Delhi:
Address: Room No. 007 (Ground Floor),
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Phone: 011-23022199, 23062231, 23061319
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Regionsemail@example.com
GPRA: COVID-19 guidelines
Keeping in mind the Covid-19 pandemic situation, the central government suspended the bidding for the month of June 2021 and allowed one-time suo-moto retention of all government accommodation in the country for a period from April 1-June 30, 2021.
Other relaxations that have been announced include:
* Allottees of April and May 2021 bidding will get the allotment slip after June 30, 2021.
* In case the applicant fails to accept any allotted house, he/she shall not be debarred from bidding.
*For allottees who were issued authority slips but could not take possession within five working days, their slips shall be re-validated for taking physical possession.
*Allottees would need to pay the licence fee from the date of physical possession of the unit on the basis of re-validated authority slips.
Earlier, due to the ongoing second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the central government had announced a few relaxations, to certain rules related to general pool residential accommodation. The notification can be accessed here.
How to apply for government quarters in Delhi?
You can apply for government quarters in Delhi using GPRA Delhi E-Sampada portal, as mentioned in this article.
What is the eligibility to apply for govt quarters in Delhi?
All eligibility criteria are mentioned above in this article.
Who can sign my DE-II form?
DE-II forms should be forwarded by your office, signed by the department head.