Like most Indian states, the north-eastern state of Tripura has also digitised its land records, to offer access to property-related information to its citizens, anytime and anywhere. All land-related information and various services are provided by the land revenue department of Tripura under the National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP) through the official Jami Tripura portal. By providing free accessibility to land records, the Tripura government seeks to reduce citizen-government functionaries, thereby, reducing harassment. The virtual services offered through the portal also help in reducing the time needed for obtaining records of rights (RoR).
Languages in which users can access Jami Tripura portal
Users can either use Bangla or English while accessing information on the Jami Tripura portal.
Services and facilities on Tripura Jami portal
- Anytime, anywhere access to tamper-proof, real-time land ownership records.
- Free access to land records.
- Stamp duty and registration fee payments.
- e-linkage of credit facilities.
- Information about market value of property.
- Certificates based on land data (e.g., domicile, caste, income, etc.).
- Information on eligibility for government programs.
- Issuance of land passbooks with relevant information.
e Jami Tripura citizen-centric services
Citizens of Tripura can visit the Jami Tripura portal (click here), to access a wide variety of services:
- To view and get copies of RoR or Jami Tripura Khatian.
- To pay Jami Tripura registration fee and stamp duty fees.
- To view plot history.
- To calculate various fee and charges.
- To view Tehsil and mauja list.
- To view maps and get PDFs.
- To check mutation status.
- To apply for mutation.
- To check mortgage status.
- For plot unit conversion.
- To know deed status.
While the user can access some of this information without any registration, for some other services they have to first register themselves using their credentials. To access ROR, for example, the user will have to first register himself. However, you can view the Jami Tripura map without performing this task.
Land measurement units used in Tripura
Just like most states, there are certain specific units of land measurement used in Tripura. These include dhur, kranta, kara, ganda and krani. The Jami Tripura portal helps you convert the land area into globally-accepted measurement units. To make these conversions, go to the bottom of the portal and click on ‘Plot Unit Conversion’. On the new page, provide the information to get the conversion done.
What is Khatian ?
Khatian is a land record certificate, known as the record of rights in English. Entries in a Khatian show the plot number, its area, its location, the name and shares of the owner, etc.
How can I get my Khatian copy and map in Tripura?
You can get Khatian copy and map from any tehsil office in the state, by filling up Form-B and paying the court fee. The Khatian copy is valid only for three months after the date of issue.
How much do I need to pay in order to get my Khatian copy and map in Tripura?
One copy of Khatian costs Rs 10 while a copy of map costs Rs 30.