If you are resident of Bengaluru, you have to pay your water bill to the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB). The authority issues water bill to households on a monthly basis. The bill has to be paid before the due date, to avoid penalty and interest. To avoid long queues, consumers can pay the water bill online, as the BWSSB has authorised a number of online payment apps and wallets to accept water bill payment. Users can also use the Karnataka One portal, to make the water bill payment in Karnataka to get instant confirmations and receipts.
How to pay water bill online in Bengaluru through Karnataka One
Karnataka One is a unified portal for the residents to check information related to various schemes, apply for Aadhaar card, pay for essential services challan and penalty, access municipal services, etc. To pay BWSSB water bill, follow the following procedure:
* Visit the Karnataka One portal and click on the ‘Online Services’ tab from the top menu.
* You will be redirected to a new page. Click on ‘Utilities’ and then select ‘Water Bill Payment’ option.
* For online payment, click on ‘Avail Online’ and click on ‘Pay Now’ under the Bengaluru tab.
* Enter your login details and submit the RR number, to fetch details such as consumer name, bill number, bill amount, etc. You can select the payment mode as per your choice and complete the transaction.
See also: All about BESCOM bill payment in Bangalore
How to pay water bill online through BWSSB portal
Consumers can also clear the water bill dues through the BWSSB portal by following these simple steps:
* Visit the BWSSB portal and scroll down to find ‘Pay your bills’ option.
* Enter the 8-digit RR number to fetch details from the system. Once displayed, proceed to make the payment.
How to pay water bill through online payment apps
If you are a frequent user of online payment apps, you can clear the BWSSB water bill dues through any of the following services.
Consumers need to enter the RR Number to get the bill details and complete the transaction in their account. The invoices can be downloaded from the ‘Orders’ section of these apps/portals.
How to pay BWSSB water bill offline
If you do not wish to pay the BWSSB water bill online, you can search for the nearest water bill payment centre on the Karnataka One portal. Here is how to find closest centre in your city:
* Visit the Karnataka One portal and click on ‘Utilities’. Select ‘Water Bill Payment Bengaluru’ and click on ‘Avail at BangaloreOne centers’.
* Click on ‘View Centers’ to get a list of available offices near your home.
Also read all about MCGM water bills
How to check water bill dues in Bengaluru
Consumers can check their water bills using their RR Number on following the portals:
- Karnataka One
To check the BWSSB water bill dues, users are required to use their RR Number to fetch details from the system. The latest bill generated will be displayed on the screen, along with the pending dues, if any.
Water charges in Bengaluru
A domestic consumer pays Rs 7 per kilo litre (kl) for up to 8,000 litres of water; Rs 11 per kl from 8,001 to 25,000 litres; Rs 25 per kl from 25,001 to 50,000 litres; and Rs 45 per kl for 50,001 litres and above.
Can I pay BWSSB water bill using UPI?
Yes, BWSSB accepts payments through UPI apps.
Can I pay BWSSB water bill if I have lost the physical bill?
Yes, you only need the RR number to pay your water bill.