With an aim to provide ease of doing business in Telangana, the state launched the Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-Certification System, also known as TS-iPASS, in June 2015, for quick processing of applications and to provide clearance from various departments through a single-window mechanism. Through this system, enterprises can self-certify and get approvals for business establishment in the system within a few days.
Features of TS-iPASS
The Telangana government enacted the Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-Certification System Act, 2014, which has the following features:
- Around 40 types of approvals, provided by 23 departments for establishment and operation of enterprise, fall under the purview of TS-iPASS.
- The state has mandated a time limit of a maximum of 30 days for each approval.
- Each application will be scrutinised at the state and district level, to help the applicants submit proper documents and avoid delay in approvals.
- The Act mandates the authorities to seek additional information from the applicant, only once and that too, within three days from the date of the application.
- The applicant can enquire the reasons for delay in getting any clearance and penalise the office responsible for it.
See also: All about IGRS Telangana and online services for citizens
TS iPASS login and how to apply for clearance
Applicants can apply for clearances under the TS-iPASS by following the procedure given below:
* Visit ipass.telangana.gov.in, and click on ‘Login’.
* Register yourself, by submitting basic details and verify your contact number.
* Enter the enterprise details, such as Udyog Aadhaar, date of registration, unit address and type of organisation.
* Submit project financials such as investments, assets, capacity, etc.
* Submit project details, such as loan details, if any and equity owned by different promoters.
* Enter the bank details and attach the requisite documents. You will be shown a TS iPASS subsidy list that you can avail of, for your enterprise. Check all the boxes as required and submit the documents in the annexure, as per the incentives applied for.
Launch of TS-bPASS
Following the success of TS-iPASS, the Urban Development Department also launched a similar system in the state for providing building permissions. Known as the Telangana State Building Permissions and Self Certification System or TS-bPASS, this self-certification system will be used for granting approvals in a more user-friendly way. Initially, the project was launched on a pilot basis but starting June 2021, the system has been rolled out in the entire Greater Hyderabad area. The TS-bPASS system will replace the existing Development Permission Management System.
What is TS-iPASS full form?
TS-iPASS stands for the Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-Certification System.
What is TS-bPASS?
TS-bPASS stands for the Telangana State Building Permissions and Self-Certification System.